3.02.2013

it's always sunny in Malaga (most times)

I will confess that I didn't know much about the history (geography, culture, demographic, climate, available attractions, etc) of Malaga & its surrounding regions before arriving here.  I plead the ignorant American card -- not always my best hand, but sometimes the only one I draw.  However, being the proactive and responsible woman that I am, I have spruced up my knowledge byway of the ever-resourceful Wikipedia.  My conclusion is that Malaga is kind of awesome.  Not only was Pablo Picasso (love that guy!) birthed in this fair town, but it was once occupied by Romans, Moors, Christian crusaders, and rich tourists.  The latter is still in existence. 

Walking around the city, remnants of history are carved out into the buildings and onto the streets.  Bordered by ocean and a fortress in the hills, the alleys of old town Malaga romance its passersby.  We decided one weekend to invade Malaga's many museums and culture, visiting the Museum of Contemporary Art, and the Picasso Museum.  HURRAY! This was a couple of weeks ago, but I'm still equally as excited to share these photos with you. 


Train station


Shanda looking fly.

We found a bakery.

Looks better than it tasted.

Nom nom nom

!!!! Contemporary Art Museum
























































Tara & I modeling our jewelry


Mannequin pose.



































1 comment:

  1. i laughed out loud at "Pablo Picasso (love that guy!)" you can tell we are friends.

    love your photos!! so beautiful. miss you tiff.

    love, mar

    ReplyDelete