5.20.2013

south to north.

If you were to ask me what the coolest thing I've done here was, I'd probably say, "We saw Mumford & Sons in Madrid." I get a lot of jaw drops or "no fair"s or "I hate you"s and I let a smirk the size of Russia crawl across my lips.  No, seriously, guys.  It was so cool.  I still remember the nights I scoured the internet for residual tickets online for their sold-out European tour -- kicking myself for not checking as soon as they were announced because I didn't expect to be very mobile while I was over here.  A friend and I had, for a very real instant, considered purchasing some overpriced tickets for the Barcelona show (cheapest was over $100), flying into Barcelona for a night, just to see them.  Anyway, all this to preface the uncanny happenstance that the Madrid show released more tickets a week or so after we let the idea of seeing them in Europe go, and we got ahold of some tickets.

After the groups were rallied, we rented a car and road-tripped up to see them for a night.  I loved it.  Mumford is by far the best live performance I've ever seen, and I would see them again in a heartbeat.  They are a MUST - SEE for anyone who even remotely enjoys beautiful things in life. 



Mihouse car = party car








We pulled over into an olive grove.

And of course, Abby wanted to have a hipster photo shoot.











Justin & I have an album cover.




Our hostel balcony.










1 comment: