6.01.2013

somehow, someway.

Six years ago, I had a fleeting thought. Like with most fleeting thoughts, I dismissed it. But the thought kept returning to me. France. Bakery. Someday. I couldn't get the thought out of my mind, since it was so arbitrary. I was on my way to art school. I knew no French. How could I do something like that? I put the thought on the back burner because if I knew that if I just kept the thought in its dreaming stages, I could have a nice sounding dream -- like going skydiving, having one girl and one boy, marrying rich, living in the countryside, raising a goat, or learning how to play the cello.  You know, these thoughts and grandiose dreams that you have that you never take seriously because they seem so outside of your comfort zone or realm of capability.  That was my bakery.  That was France.  Some far off dream. . .

But then I decided to stave off my dream by mini indulgences.  Why don't I learn French?  Oh? Study abroad in Paris?  Why not. . . Why don't I find an apprenticeship at a French bakery?  French pastry school?  Why not?

Little did I know that the little steps would lead me to the doorstep of a huge dream with a little red door marked with "POSSIBLE REALITY." 











1 comment: